Embracing technology is key for facility managers who oversee multi-site facility portfolios with a lot of physical assets. Structured and organized Facility Management has the potential to improve the physical performance and appearance of a building as well as its systems. It will also increase occupants satisfaction, and improve the efficiency with which all buildings and assets are maintained and operated.
Facilities executives can more efficiently address issues with the help of facilities management software, which enable facilities managers to clear the backlog of deferred maintenance, measure performance, and implement sustainable models for smart planning and capital investment that will better align your facilities department with the institutional mission, so that you can achieve your goals and ensure the success of your corporate real estate portfolio's for generations to come.
Here are the top 3 ways technology gives facility managers better insight and visibility into the performance of physical assets.
1. Mobile. While this trend is being refined and improved constantly, it’s not going away. Using a mobile-focused technology that can tap into the whole service line (e.g., asset data capture) will be a significant benefit.
2. Connectivity. With the world expected to be even more connected in the future, there will be many more solutions trying to get everyone connected in the facilities management world. However, very few solutions are doing it right. Find a solution that actually works and is operational rather than just a shiny promise.
3. AI and Robotics. It’s still too early to know when a robot that can complete a task from start to finish will be available for sale. However, it’s coming. For now, focus on a solution that is committed to efficiency and productivity, and making information accessible and readable.
FOUNDATION is the only software of its kind to provide customized systems for evaluating a myriad of aspects of facilities, reports based on condition assessments, project planning for renovations and updates, spending oversight, and capital planning to properly align your needs and goals to your budget. FOUNDATION has been proven successful on over $50 billion in building and infrastructure plans ranging from large to small environments. It continuously improves budgets using feedback from project history.
With FOUNDATION by Intellis, you can track data points across the board:
- All reactive maintenance requests
- Costs associated with reactive maintenance requests
- All preventive maintenance requests
- Asset life-cycle and current value based on overall depreciation
With these kinds of tools, facilities managers can increase performance, mitigate risk, and improve capital planning for physical assets, so that your company is empowered to more effectively plan for the future.
Key Benefits: The FOUNDATION Solution
- Implement smart, automated software that you can rely on
- Capture the full picture of your facility operations in one integrated database
- Track and analyze all work, assets and equipment from one dashboard
- Identify issues before they arise so you can create action plans sooner
- Make data-driven decisions to save your school time and money
- Create action plans to achieve your goals and own your operations
- View the full data story of your operations in one place
- Share reports quickly and easily to gain buy-in from key stakeholders
- Join a community of education leaders; share and learn best practices
Improve occupant experience, mitigate risk, and increase ROI with asset management and capital planning software for facility managers. From capital planning to ongoing facilities management, FOUNDATION by Intellis has proven functionality and capabilities to ensure that your facilities and physical assets are always prepared to deliver on your organization's mission.
Ready to learn more about how Facilities Management and Capital Planning software by Intellis can empower your institution to achieve its goals?